Skip to main
University-wide Navigation

Resources for Students

The University of Kentucky is proud to offer myriad resources to its students, many of which are listed below. Contact the individual areas listed below for more information about their services.

If you are UK office providing resources to students and would like your area added to the list below, contact the Senate Council office.


Bias Incident Support Services

Bias Incident Reports provides confidential support and advocacy for any student, staff, or faculty member impacted by bias, hatred, and/or an act of identity-based violence. BISS staff aid impacted parties in accessing campus and community resources, including the Bias Incident Response Team, the University’s official reporting system for acts that negatively impact a sense of belonging. Campus and community consultation and educational opportunities centered on inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging is a resource also provided by BISS. For more detailed information please visit the BISS website ( or contact them via email (


Computer Labs and Technical Support

Students can find a list of available campus computer labs from Information Technology Services' website on Computer Labs ( This site offers a list of lab locations, as well as the software provided at the respective sites. The Tech Help Center ( is an online resource with help articles on technology resources at UK, training resources, IT policies, and self-service request forms. For more help, contact Information Technology Services at


Counseling Center

The Counseling Center provides a range of confidential psychological services to students enrolled in 6 credit hours or more, psychoeducational outreach programming (including QPR suicide prevention), and consultation to members of the UK community (students, faculty, staff, administrators, parents, concerned others). Please visit the Counseling Center's website ( for more detailed information or call (859) 257-8701.


Disability Resource Center

If you have a documented disability that requires academic accommodations, please inform your instructor as soon as possible during scheduled office hours. In order to receive accommodations in this course, you must provide your instructor with a Letter of Accommodation from the Disability Resource Center (DRC). The DRC coordinates campus disability services available to students with disabilities. It is located on the corner of Rose Street and Huguelet Drive in the Multidisciplinary Science Building, Suite 407. You can reach them via phone at (859) 257-2754, via email ( or visit their website (



UK Libraries provides access to the resources you will need for this class and many other classes you will take as a UK student. If the UK Library does not have the book, article, report, etc. that you need, you can request a copy from another library through Interlibrary loan (  For a quick and easy way for you to get help at point of need and find a librarian who has expertise in your subject area, visit the "Ask Us" service ( These services and many others are provided free to you as a student. Bookmark the UK Libraries homepage. (


Martin Luther King Center

The Martin Luther King Center (MLKC) supports an inclusive learning environment where diversity and individual differences are understood, respected, and appreciated as a source of strength. The MLKC’s year-round programs and activities that focus on the importance of cultural awareness and cross-cultural understanding support its three primary goals: 1) sponsoring cultural and educational programming; 2) offering opportunities for student support and development; and 3) through programmatic linkages with a wide variety of civic and community agencies, promoting community outreach, engagement, and collaboration. Students can reach the MLKC via phone at (859) 257-4130, by visiting them in Gatton Student Center Suite A230 and by visiting the MLKC website (

If there are aspects within your experience here at UK that result in barriers to your inclusion or accurate assessment of achievement, please notify the instructor as soon as possible and/or contact the Office for Institutional Diversity (


Non-Discrimination / Title IX

In accordance with federal law, UK is committed to providing a safe learning, living, and working environment for all members of the University community. The University maintains a comprehensive program which protects all members from discrimination, harassment, and sexual misconduct. For complete information about UK’s prohibition on discrimination and harassment on aspects such as race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, and sexual orientation, see Administrative Regulation 6:1 (“Policy on Discrimination and Harassment”) ( In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the University prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of sex in academics, employment, and all of its programs and activities. Sexual misconduct is a form of sexual harassment in which one act is severe enough to create a hostile environment based on sex and is prohibited between members of the University community and shall not be tolerated. For more details, see Administrative Regulations 6:2 (“Policy and Procedures for Addressing and Resolving Allegations of Sexual Harassment Under Title IX and Other Forms of Sexual Misconduct”) ( Complaints regarding violations of University policies on discrimination, harassment, and sexual misconduct are handled by the Office of Institutional Equity and Equal Opportunity (Institutional Equity), which is located in 13 Main Building and can be reached by phone at (859) 257-8927. You can also visit Institutional Equity’s website (   

Faculty members are obligated to forward any report made by a student related to discrimination, harassment, and sexual misconduct to the Office of Institutional Equity. Students can confidentially report alleged incidences through the Violence Intervention and Prevention Center (, Counseling Center (, or University Student Health Service (

Reports of discrimination, harassment, or sexual misconduct may be made via the Institutional Equity’s website (; at that site, click on "Make a Report" on the left-hand side of the page.


Office of LGBTQ* Resources

UK is committed to supporting students and upholding the University’s efforts to promote inclusion among our community. UK faculty and staff employees support inclusion and diversity throughout the University, including the ways in which faculty structure classroom conversations and manage those dynamics. To assist in these efforts, students are welcome to provide the names and pronouns they prefer. One easy way to do this is by using the pronoun feature of UK’s Name Change Form. (More information about the form can be found on the Office of LGBTQ*’s website ( Otherwise, students can provide this information to instructors directly.

Discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender expression, and gender identity is prohibited at UK. If you have questions about support, advocacy, and community-building services related to sexual orientation, gender expression, or gender identity, students are encouraged to visit the website of the Office of LGBTQ* Resources (


Veterans Resource Center (VRC)

Being both a member of the military community and a student can bring some complexities. If you are a member of the military or a military veteran or dependent, please let instructors know when these challenges arise. Drill schedules, calls to active duty, mandatory training exercises, issues with GI Bill disbursement, etc. can complicate your academic life. Let your instructor know if you experience complications.

If a student is required to be absent for one-fifth or less of the required course interactions (e.g., class meetings) due to military duties, the following procedure (per SRs) shall apply:

  1. Once a student is aware of a call to duty, the student shall provide a copy of the military orders to the Director of the Veterans Resource Center. The student shall also provide the Director with a list of his/her courses and instructors.
  2. The Director will verify the orders with the appropriate military authority, and on behalf of the military student, notify each Instructor of Record via Department Letterhead as to the known extent of the absence.
  3. The Instructor of Record shall not penalize the student’s absence in any way and shall provide accommodations and timeframes so that the student can make up missed assignments, quizzes, and tests in a mutually agreed upon manner.

The VRC is a great resource for members of our military family. If you have questions regarding your VA benefits or other related issues, the VRC has a full complement of staff to assist you. The VRC also provides study and lounge space, as well as free printing. Please visit the VRC website ( or visit them in the basement of Erikson Hall.


Violence Intervention and Prevention (VIP) Center

If you experience an incident of sex- or gender-based discrimination or interpersonal violence, we encourage you to report it. While you may talk to a faculty member or TA/RA/GA, understand that as a "Responsible Employee" of the University these individuals MUST report any acts of violence (including verbal bullying and sexual harassment) to the University's Title IX Coordinator in the Institutional Equity Office. If you would like to speak with someone who may be able to afford you confidentiality, you can visit the Violence Intervention and Prevention (VIP) Center’s website (, the Counseling Center’s (CC) website (, and the University Health Services (UHS) website ( The VIP Center, CC, and UHS are confidential resources on campus.

The VIP Center accepts Zoom, phone, and walk-in appointments - see their FAQ for more information ( 


Mental Health Services and Resources

UK is committed to providing mental health services and resources for undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. These resources include UK988, Crisis Services (, TRACS (, and the Counseling Center (